ABOUT US - ADOPT - HELP - TALES - ADVICE - RESOURCES - SHOP
CONTACT
 


TOXICOLOGY WARNING: GRAPES AND RAISINS IN DOGS

[CLICK TO RETURN TO MEDICAL ALERTS LIST]

 

Friday, January 11, 2002

Recent reports of dogs alleged to have developed kidney failure following ingestion of grapes or raisins.

The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center is aware of recent reports of dogs alleged to have developed kidney failure following ingestion of large amounts of grapes or raisins. Veterinary toxicologists at the Animal Poison Control Center are currently investigating these cases in an attempt to determine the causative agents or disease processes. At this time the exact role of grapes or raisins in these cases is unclear. Pet owners whose dogs have ingested large quantities of grapes or raisins, or veterinarians managing such cases, are encouraged to call the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center at (888) 426-4435 immediately.

 
Copyright 2005, Boxer Rescue L.A. All Rights Reserved.
Email: info@boxer-rescue-la.com
HOME | EMAIL