Animal Poison Control Center Toxicology Bulletins:
Grapes and Raisins in Dogs

Recent reports of dogs allege to have developed kidney failure following ingestion of grapes or raisins.

The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center is aware of recent reports of dogs alleged to have developed kidney failure following ingestion of large amounts of grapes or raisins. Veterinary toxicologists at the Animal Poison Control Center are currently investigating these cases in an attempt to determine the causative agents or disease processes. At this time the exact role of grapes or raisins in these cases is unclear. Pet owners whose dogs have ingested large quantities of grapes or raisins, or veterinarians managing such cases, are encouraged to call the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center (888) 426-4435 immediately.

 

We provide California Adoptions only  Search for adoptions in other parts of the country and the world.

January 2005 Newsletter

       

 

Please Sign Our
Guest Book